CORPORATE LEGAL OPERATIONS CONSORTIUM, INC.
“CLOC Community Connect” Member-Only Online Community
CLOC’s Social Media Sites
The CLOC Community Connect member-only online community (“Community Connect”) and CLOC’s various social media sites (together, the “CLOC community”) are valuable modes of communication and great ways to solicit the advice of your peers, share experiences, and participate in ongoing conversations. You must ensure the future of the CLOC community by following these rules (the “Rules”).
The CLOC community is provided and supported by CLOC to provide a forum for the exchange of information exclusively related to corporate legal operations. Your adherence to these Rules will ensure respectful and productive dialogue and the future of the CLOC communities for all members. By joining and participating in the CLOC community, you agree that you have read and agree to the following: Rules of Conduct
- DO use the CLOC community to discuss issues related to corporate legal operations.
- DO use caution when discussing or reviewing products, services, or pricing. Your posted comments are subject to defamation and antitrust laws.
- DO use your registered email address when posting or otherwise communicating on the CLOC community.
- DON’T blindly rely on opinions expressed or responses posted on the CLOC community. Such information should not be considered professional or legal advice. Always use your own professional judgement on all matters.
- DON’T post messages, ask questions or solicit information that could be construed as an attempt to fix prices, set salaries or compensation, establish profit margins, restrain trade, or affect terms or conditions of trade.
- Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries, reimbursement rates or other compensation matters; profits, profit margins, or cost data; boycotts of companies, suppliers or vendors; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers, vendors or suppliers.
- DON’T discuss issues, matters or cases involved in or related to anticipated, threatened or actual litigation.
- DON’T post any reports, pictures, drawings, photographs, videos, articles or other materials unless you own the copyright or have received permission from the copyright owner (i.e., your employer or other relevant party). By posting such materials you are granting CLOC and the users of the CLOC community the unrestricted, irrevocable, transferable, royalty-free, nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such materials any way that may see fit including, without limitation, for commercial, advertising and other purposes. Other participants have the right to reproduce posts and materials, to make derivative works therefrom and to incorporate such posts and materials into other works.
- DON’T use the CLOC community to circulate unsolicited messages, chain letters, or to conduct surveys of any kind.
- DON’T use the CLOC community to post job openings, promote any product or service, or to distribute commercial messages of any kind.
- DON’T advertise or post links to products, projects or causes you own or represent, or ask another user to do so on your behalf. If you wish to share information about useful products, companies, or services with which you have no affiliation, contact email@example.com.
- DON’T post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you. Posts are not confidential and could be disseminated by other participants. Be aware that journalists and other members of the media may also be a part of the CLOC community.
- DON’T use the CLOC community to support or oppose political candidates or activity, or to otherwise promote any activity contrary to the purposes of CLOC.
- DON’T use the CLOC community for any purpose that may be illegal. For example, the CLOC community may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to, illegal drugs, pornography, gambling, spreading computer viruses, software infringement or other crimes.
- DON’T use the CLOC community in a manner that violates applicable federal, state or local laws, the CLOC bylaws, CLOC antitrust policy, or any of CLOC’s other policies, procedures, rules or regulations.
- DON’T post any defamatory, discriminatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments or materials.
- DON’T challenge, bully or attack others. Comments should only stimulate conversation, not create contention.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, company name or affiliation, location, and email address to facilitate responses.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. That allows members to respond more appropriately and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list using “Reply All” when it contains information of benefit to everyone.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Notify fellow CLOC community participants of lengthy messages either in the subject line, or in the beginning of the message body, with the phrase, “Long Message” or similar.
- Send attachments to the entire group upon request.
- Use the “LIKE” button at the top right of your CLOC forum page to convey interest in the information requested from the CLOC community. CLOC will use this feedback to track subjects suitable for development as trainings, webinars, or other initiatives.
CLOC reserves the right to (i) remove any posting for any reason; and to (ii) suspend or terminate access to the CLOC community for anyone who violates the Rules. If you have questions about the Rules, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All users must respect the privacy rights of others. The disclosure by any member of third-party personal information (e.g., addresses, telephone numbers) is prohibited.
Community Connect is provided for the exclusive use of CLOC members and other authorized users. Users are responsible for maintaining the privacy of their account information and must not share personal account information or otherwise allow use of or access to Community Connect by non-members or other unauthorized parties. Legal
CLOC provides the CLOC community as a service for its members and other authorized users. The views expressed on the CLOC community are those of the individual users and not of CLOC nor their individual employers (unless otherwise noted). They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of CLOC. CLOC is not responsible for the opinions or information posted on any social media sites by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on any social media sites, whether posted by CLOC or any third party or user; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event will CLOC be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from the use or reliance on information posted on any social media site, or loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted.
CLOC disclaims any responsibility to maintain copies of any information posted on any social media site or to assure that such information is deleted. Unless specifically stated otherwise, CLOC neither endorses, approves, recommends, or certifies any information, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on any social media site, and information from any social media site should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. While CLOC does not actively monitor all social media sites for inappropriate posts and does not undertake editorial control of postings, CLOC retains the right to do so.
In the event that any inappropriate post is brought to the attention of CLOC, it will take all appropriate action including, without limitation, the removal of posts, information or other materials that CLOC believes do not comply with the terms of this Policy or that are not in the best interests of CLOC or its related entities.
CLOC reserves the right to (i) terminate access to any user who does not abide by this Policy; and (ii) exercise its discretion to modify or otherwise revise this Policy from time to time, upon issuing timely notice to members and other authorized users of any changes.